Why perform a SARS-CoV-2 detection on a surface?
SARS-CoV-2 is the coronavirus responsible for the COVID-19 epidemic. It can cause severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) and is mainly transmitted from person to person by aerosolized means.
Contaminated surfaces could be vectors of contamination.
Studies on the persistence of this virus suggest that it persists:
- 5 days on plastic.
- 4 to 5 days on paper.
- 4 days on glass.
- 4 days on wood.
- 2 days on steel.
The analysis allows the SARS-CoV-2 virus to be specifically tested for on surfaces using a molecular biology technique: RT-qPCR (Real Time - Polymerase Chain Reaction).
Control by laboratory analysis is therefore necessary to evaluate the effectiveness of a biocleaning operation and, if necessary, take corrective action to limit the exposure of people to a potential infectious risk.
Whatever the size of your company, this test will allow you to simply and quickly validate the efficiency of your bio-cleaning operations.
What are the specificities of the SARS-CoV-2 surface detection test?
This test, carried out by a French laboratory, meets the criteria and requirements of the WHO, particularly in terms of:
- Analyses carried out in a biosafety level 2 laboratory.
- Reference of the swabs.
- Recommended area to be swabbed (25 cm2 or a swab of an area of 5 cm by 5 cm).
- Compliance with transport requirements (UN Standard 3373).
- Confirmation of the analysis with targeting of 2 specific sequences of the SRARS-CoV-2 genome.
- Specific and dedicated flow from sample receipt to waste disposal.
The analysis has been validated at each stage of the process with in particular:
- Validation of transport conditions and sample stability study.
- Validation of the specific technique on the swab reference used.
- Use of a control virus to verify the absence of interference.
- Duplicate analyses according to ISO 15216 recommendations.
- Quality control at each stage of the analysis (sampling, extraction control, positive and negative control).
How long does it take to obtain your test result?
Kits are shipped within approximately 4 to 5 days (working days) upon receipt of your payment (subject to availability of kits at the date of order).
The delay for returning the results by e-mail is 24 hours (working days) upon receipt of the samples at the laboratory (This delay is likely to change depending on the schedule of receipt at the laboratory).
Due to the exceptional situation linked to the COVID-19 crisis, the availability of kits, the organization and the indicated lead times may change according to the continuity plan of the analysis laboratory, logistics services and supplies of consumables.